Squeezebox/SliMP3 & NAD SR-5 Remote Control
|SlimDevices Custom Remote||NAD SR-5|
|POWER||ON/OFF (turn on/off amp & SB)|
OPEN/CLOSE (SB only)
|VOLUME +/-||SCAN >>/<< (Volume SB)|
VOL +/- (Volume amp)
|REW, PAUSE, FWD||REW, PAUSE, FWD|
The number keys (0-9) have the same functions on both devices, though you don't see what letters you'll get by repeatedly hitting one of the number keys on the NAD. This means that eg. the Favorites plugins' shortcut keys (press and hold number key) will work on the NAD as well as the search or jumping in lists (hit 2 repeatedly to get to letter A - B - C).
Limitations and known problems
There are some minor issues with using the SR-5 over the SlimDevices remote control:
- When the remote is in tuner mode, using the navigation keys will swap channels on the tuner.
- Some of the SlimDevices remote's functions are missing. Lack of more special keys on the SR-5 SEARCH, SIZE or SLEEP aren't usable with my configuration. But the STOP isn't used, yet. It's all starting with "S". Try to remember yourself :-)
- When turning on the amp you'll also turn on the Squeezebox, even when the remote is in video or tuner mode.
- Changing volume on the Squeezebox using the SCAN button is a little cumbersome as that key's repeat code isn't recognized. But usually you won't change the volume on the player, but rather on the amp, anyway.
- If you're using Squeezenetwork, you won't be able to use the NAD remote as you can't install custom IR files on that server.