Edit your SqueezeCenter's texts and translations easily with the StringEditor plugin.
Search for missing translations, keywords, string names or have the names of missing strings displayed in the web interface and on your music player.
StringEditor.zip (v1, SlimServer <=6.5) [28 KB]
StringEditor-2.0.zip (v2, SqueezeCenter 7) [28 KB]
The StringEditor plugin will allow you to change any string displayed by the SqueezeCenter, be it in the web interface or on the player's display. This is not only an excellent help for translators but any user who wants to change some misspelled word. Even third party plugins, which have not been translated, can easily be adapted.
- Search: Search for keywords within the text, its translations or the strings name
- Missing translations: Get a list of strings that have not yet been translated to your language
- Add language: start an all new translation
- Translator mode: have SqueezeCenter display the name of missing strings
- Send strings to developers: once you have finished spell checking and translated all (or even some) missing strings, the SqueezeCenter community will be happy, if you share your work! Send your changes to the SqueezeCenter developers for inclusion in a future release.
Please note: if your preferred language setting is English, some of the features mentioned will not be available (did you really want to find strings that are not translated from English to English?!?).
Simply unzip the downloaded zip file to your SqueezeCenter's plugins folder and restart the server. You'll see a new menu below the plugin section in your server's web interface.
- SqueezeCenter 7 conversion
- Code cleanup
- add 6.5 optimized skin
- check search expression for illegal regular expressions
- add "All Strings" link to list all strings
- added Italian translation - thanks Riccardo!
- .slimserver-strings.txt has been replaced with slimserver-strings.txt
- encode HTML entities in English string when in translator mode
- added Dutch translation - thanks Willem!
- (hopefully) fixed issues with the encoding of non-latin characters
- added SlimServer 6.5 compatibility
- using AsyncHTTP for upload of files - fixes problems with large uploads
- Roman added czech translation. Thanks a lot!
- add option to filter out plugins' strings
- filter some incorrect string identifiers
- add a link to the manual upload page
- fix a problem with the new plugin interface
- profit from recent changes in Slim/Utils/Strings, remove string initialization stuff
- add warning for perl 5.6 users
- added settings: don't flush strings by default when storing changes; this prevents problems with some plugins which can't be reloaded
- added "Changelog": simple acces to the latest strings files on the SVN repository
- added support for non-blocking http requests
- Néstor added spanish translation! Thanks a lot!
- added support for Fishbone skin
- added support for proxy
- first release as a plugin